The school’s camp program enables students to further their learning and social skills development as it provides opportunities and experiences that are not always possible within the confines of the school. Camps may have a cultural, environmental or outdoor emphasis and are an important aspect of the educational programs offered at our school.
The aim of our camp program is to provide opportunities within the context of our Catholic principles and values that:
- Develop deeper learning, confidence, independence, responsibility and sense of community
- Promote self-esteem, resilience, resourcefulness and leadership
- Extend learning beyond the classroom
- Provide opportunities to explore different environmental settings
- Develop an appreciation of the wonder of the world
- Enhance physical, social and emotional growth
- Promote growth of relationships
The camp program is directed at Year 3 – 6:
Year 3/4 – Annual camp taking place in the last term of the year. This is a two day, one night stay. Usually at an Adventure style camp in a rural location.
Year 5/6 – Annual camp taking place in the first half of the year. This is three day, two night experience. The style of camp alternates between an Adventure camp and a cultural experience.